To give some back round information, I'm a 39 year old woman and this story takes place back in 2009 so I was 28 at the time my husband 27. We moved to a new apartment to get away from our pravious place that was constantlr and ridiculousy hiking the rent and the constant ins and outs of new neighbors around us that were loud, filty, bringing in bugs, etc.
In the Summer of 2009 after months of searching we find a place drive across town and check it out, we like it and explain that due to my bad knees and bad health that I needed ground floor, the lady writes it on our application.
Another month passes and we still had not heard anything and I'm getting agitated because paying nealy $600 for a one bedroom apartment in the part of the city we are in is a bit excessive.
Long story short, we had a confusing start but we managed to get in and we called one of his brothers to help us move. We get settled in, but it wasn't on the ground floor. It was a second story apartment. I'm annoyed but make due.
We aren't there 2 whole months and as we are the type that stays up extremely late. Usually till 6-8 am. It's 4 am in the morning when we start hearing banging from below, it's on our flooring. At first we hear about 60 loud bangs and then it stops, only for it to start again. This time is 6 loud sharp bangs, stops and does it again about 4 minutes later. This goes on for an hour. At 5 am my husband takes our dog out for a walk and 9 minutes later I hear banging on te door. I look through the peephole and see a man, he's about my height (5'10) maybe an inch taller. I say through the door, "how can I help you?"
He replies, "I'm your down stairs neighbor we need to talk."
We've seen him before going in and out of the apartment below us so I know he's telling the truth. I open the door and he immediatly starts yelling at me about us being up late and walking around. I apologize and tell him "that we are new to living above someone and we didn't realize that our walking was so loud."
He then proceeds to threaten me saying, "I'll have you thrown out."
I ask him, "do you own the place?"
He says, "no."
Then I reply, "then you can't kick us out."
He says, "I'll report you."
By now I'm annoyed at being yelled at and retort, "go the fuck ahead."
The entire time he's standing there with his hands on his hips, hid pinky on his right hand tapping. He turns slightly making sure I see what he's tapping. It's the butt of his gun.
Normally many would be scared, not me I'm pissed off that I'm being passively-aggressively threatened. So, I lean forward on the foor frame and take hold of the machette handle as he continues to spew his diatribe of threats.
What pissed me off even more was that he purposely waited for my husband and our dog to leave, thinking I'm alone so I must be easy prey to scare, because I'm a woman. He found out wrong when I stood my grownd and didn't let his verbal abuse and passive-aggressive threats scare me.
After about 50 minutes of us going back and forth he leaves and 10 minutes later my husband and dog return. After that weirdo left, I locked the door. I hear knocking and look at to see it's my husband and our dog, I open up and let them in. He asks why the door is locked and I tell him. He gets angry and wants to go down stairs to confront him, then he thinks about it and realizes there's no point. So he locks the door and he sits with me for awhile as I am so angry and want to go stab him. After awhile I calm down and we decide to head to bed. We double check the door.
We wake up at 1 pm. I go out to the kitchen and make his lunch, we get ready to leave and open the door. There stuck to our door by a piece of tape is a letter from the apartment. He reported us as having trash all over and we look down and there's trash everywhere. We're not the kind to leave trash out like that. We are very careful to tie it up and take it to the dumpster.
What's odd is that it's our trash, we recognize it and we knew. He went into the trash and grabbed out bag bringing it back, tearing it open and dumping it everywhere around our door and down the stairs.
Then it dawns on me. How did he know which bad exactly is ours? We use the generic black bags. He's watching us.
This continues on for weeks. Different bullshit reports and each time after dropping my husband off at work, I tell them that it's not us. It's our neighbor. Once I report that, they said they'd talk with him. The behavior and reports stop.
We think, finally it's over. We couldn't have been more wrong.
We get up one day and we head out and one of our tires is flat. We didn't have a spare so my husband had to fall off from work. We called a tow truck and $60 dollers later, we've got a ride. Another $60 for the tire. The guy tells us that our tire has been stabbed and sliced on it's side. Impossible to repair. We get back and head in for the day.
We wake up the next day, all is fine and I take him to work then pick him up. We wait and see what happens the following day, all is fine.
We get to Friday, we wake up and head out. Two flat tires and another missed day of work and another $150 used on a tow and tires.
By now we're annoyed and we call the police and they ask us, "do you have proof?"
"No!" but we know it's him.
"Unless you have proof there's nothing we can do." *click*
"He hung up", I say to my husband.
Days go by and nothing, the tires are fine. A week and still nothing.
Then on some random Monday we wake up, all 4 tired are flat. $280 dolls less and we're on the way home. We park in our spot bring our groceries and then make a decision. We take our vehicle and park it 1 mile away, because we can't afford this.
So for weeks on end that's what we do, park long enough to being our groceries in and put them away, head out to park that 1 mile away and walk back. My husband refuses to let me walk back alone as this guy is fucking nuts. But I have to make this trek to our small SUV every night at 10:30 pm to go pick him up.
One night on my walk, I'm walking along and I see a black truck.
"FUCK!", I say, "It's him."
I stay alert and continue. He drives by without even a look, thinking the danger had passed I relax a little.
It wasn't even 5 minutes later when I hear a racing engine come up behind me, no lights and he isn't stopping. I throw myself towards the gate hitting it and then the ground as he races passed me in the spot I was just walking.
I just sit there for a minute trying to catch my breathe, then I get up, knees groaning in protest and I carry on. There's a break in the gate and I hear his engine again. I quickly move inside and hide behind the trees he drives past slowly looking for me swinging his head all around. I wait till he passes then use an alternate direction to get to our SUV.
Once there, I get in and lock the doors. I just sit there trying to collect myself as I'm still shaking from anger and fear. After about 40 minutes I start our vehicle and drive off. I get to my husbands work and he's waiting, I had not realized it but it's after 11:30 which is usually when he gets off work. At first he's upset and lectures me on being late until he sees what a mess I am. Then he gets this really worrked look and says, "what the hell happened?"
I tell him and he's pissed off. We get back to the apartment complex and make that 1 mile trek. We get in and tells me to strip as he wants to check out all my scapes and cuts.
Which my body is covered in. He tells me to go shower and after he'll take care of them which he does. We stay up as now I can't sleep. Around 6am comes and he says, "let's try and get some sleep."
We go to bed and all is fine. We make that 1 mile trek. As I'm dropping him off he says, "don't park over there anymore, park in the lot across from ours."
"Ok.", I tell him.
I get back and park in the other lot which is no more than 60 ft from our apartment. I am constantly checking my surroundings and all is fine.
That night I head out and make my way and he's nowhere in sight.
Weeks go by and we start to just breathe. Then we go out to our vehicle and not only are all 4 tires flat but our back bumper looks like someone jumped on it trying to knock it off. It was badly dented. Now, we're pissed. We go back inside and he calls his boss as I'm calling the insurance company. We get a rental and it takes them weeks to pick up the car and it nearly gets towed. We go to the office and explain, they remove the tow order.
We parked in another parking lot with the rental as we can't afford to have it damaged, after a week. We're tired of it all and park in our spot. Nothing ever happened to the rental.
During the weekend my husband finds this Taz stuffed animal and we put him on the balcony and run wires from him to the inside. Eventually we get our SUV back and park in our spot. We then takes about 40 pieces of paper and write in different colord marker stating that we can see them as they are on security camera. The trick worked, no more issues.
The following payday, we're out at a store and we see a security system on sale. Two cameras and a little monitor on sale for $80. We buy it and we install it on the balcony pointing the camera at our car in plain view. We put a clear plastic cup over it and screw it in place to protect it from the weather.
Again, no more problems.
Now, I know your going to ask, "why didn't we call the police?"
we did multiple times and only once did they send a car out but they refused to do a fucking thing.
One night we're hanging out on the balcony and up he walks with this young guy they are taking what looks like DJ equipment inside. He talks to us and he's friendly, as if nothing ever happened.
We're both at a loss for his behavior and two months later, he moves out and into another complex several buildings down. I know because I saw his truck driving passed one day.
Nothing happens after that and we never hear from him again.
By, Alrica Neshama.
(The girl that survived.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Strange Weirdo
Back when I was 12 I would walk to my friend's house which was just on the next block. One day I'm walking back to my house and it...
-
To give some back round information, I'm a 39 year old woman and this story takes place back in 2009 so I was 28 at the time my husband ...
-
To share some background information. I'm a 39 year old woman and these these two experiences happened at two extremely different time...
-
I wish this were nothing more than a tall tale that I'm about to tell you, but until you experience it for yourself, you just don't...
No comments:
Post a Comment